Vivado Launching SDK "Importing Hardware Specification" error

ExGreyFox

Question

Hello,

I am currently following the first tutorial of the Zynq Book using the Zybo board and I am t the part where I am to launch the SDK after exporting hardware and receive the following error after the SDK loads up: 'Importing Hardware Specification' has encountered a problem. An internal error occurred during: "Importing Hardware Specification". java.lang.NullPointerException. Attached is a screenshot of the error. 

Thank you for any help.

Capture.JPG

7 answers to this question

This problem may occur after failed to program the FPGA in the SDK environment.

a simple restart of your computer will solve it. 

if it still happen, backup your src, delete <your_prj_name.sdk> folder and export hardware again will complately solve it

Hi tripper269 and ExGreyFox,

I went through the first tutorial starting on pg 8 of the Zyng_book Tutorials in Vivado 2015.2 and 2016 for the Zybo to the point of launching SDK with no issues. Is this the tutorial that you are experiencing issues with? Beside needing to choose a different led size was there anything else you changed to do this tutorial with the Zybo?

Thank you, 

Jon

On 2016/5/11 at 10:42 PM, tripper269 said:

Hi there,

My problem was solved. The issue was space in project path. All Xilinx tools don't work with space included path, sounds ridiculous but its true. So please make sure there should not be any space in project path. 

Great!

On 2016/5/11 at 10:42 PM, tripper269 said:

Hi there,

My problem was solved. The issue was space in project path. All Xilinx tools don't work with space included path, sounds ridiculous but its true. So please make sure there should not be any space in project path. 

Great ! I have solved this problem by deleted the space.

Archived