Basys3 new product!

LariSan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi LariSan,

I've had my Basys3 for about a week, and I like it lots - it is a much, much bigger faster FPGA than the Basys2.

Is there any reason why the DVD-style cases were discontinued? I quite like being able to keep a board in my laptop bag, and I imagine that EE or CS students found this a great feature.

Is Basys2 going to be discontinued now that Basys3 is launched?

Hi @harrisjd, 

No, the intention is not to discontinue the Basys2 at this time, afterall teaching material is not quick to change! However,  we do highly encourage educators to look at upgrading their curriculums to the Basys3 if possible. 

Hi LariSan,

I've had my Basys3 for about a week, and I like it lots - it is a much, much bigger faster FPGA than the Basys2.

Is there any reason why the DVD-style cases were discontinued? I quite like being able to keep a board in my laptop bag, and I imagine that EE or CS students found this a great feature.

Hello @hamster, 

I am glad you are enjoying the Basys3! Thank you for sharing your neat Bombjack project in our Project Vault!

For the DVD style cases-- 

We polled our student groups and asked them how often they used the cases and the feedback was returned that although students liked the cases... the DVD case was actually too small to contain anything else of use (cables, power supplies, other Pmods). Plus, we have other boards that needed protection (Our Zybo and all of our chipKIT boards all come in the cardboard packaging).

So, we set out to find the right sized case (small enough to put in a laptop bag, but large enough we could put other products inside of it) and after testing several boxes... we found one. 

This box will be available as an adder product on checkout (like the Vivado voucher). 

It will include free stickers and an ESD bag. 

Posted ImageStudent-ProjectBox by digilentinc, on Flickr

Unfortunately we didn't get the box ordered in time to be with the Basys3 launch, so early adopters like you didn't have the option to add it!

However, if you are interested and are one of our first Basys3 users, I will make sure to send you one of our first ones that arrive in the Digilent warehouse. 

Just send me a private message with your shipping details and I'll make sure you get one. 

Hope that helps!

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 17/9/2014 at 15:24, LariSan said:

¡Tenemos un nuevo producto, Basys3!

Para aquellos de ustedes que deseen aprender sobre las diferencias entre Basys3 y Basys2, pueden saltar y ver nuestro video promocional , o pueden consultar nuestra sección de Preguntas Frecuentes en Digilent Wiki. 

http://reference.digilentinc.com/basys3:basys3?&#faq_for_basys3

post-3-0-61225100-1410985454_thumb.png

Posted just now

Estimados: Necesito poner en funcionamiento un laboratorio de electrónica digital en mi ciudad. El PCB para el laboratorio no se cual escoger, ya que aprecio hay placas BASYS 2, BASYS 3, etc, pero no se cual de todas comprar. Necesitaría 24 unidades de estas. Ustedes que me aconsejan? El objetivo de mi curso esta basado en un libro que escribí hace 20 años sobre circuitos digitales. Ahora, quiero adaptarlo a una de estas placas o tarjetas PCB, para realizar los ejercicios de electrónica digital Básica, Combinacional y Secuencial en la primera etapa. Quiero que los ejercicios de estos temas se puedan realizar uno a uno en estas PCB. También quiero saber si utilizando la plataforma EDA Playground, utilizando el lenguaje de programación VERILOG, se ajusta a las PCB  que necesito. Entonces en resumen: Cual PCB me recomiendan? Tienen ustedes ya ejercicios desarrollados en esa temática inicial? Que sea económica por favor, mi país paga con dinero devaluado, Gracias.

974/5000

Dear: I need to start a digital electronics laboratory in my city. The PCB for the laboratory I do not know which to choose, since I appreciate there are BASYS 2, BASYS 3, etc. boards, but I do not know which one to buy. I would need 24 units of these. What do you advise me? The objective of my course is based on a book I wrote 20 years ago on digital circuits. Now, I want to adapt it to one of these PCB boards or cards, to carry out the Basic, Combinational and Sequential digital electronics exercises in the first stage. I want the exercises on these topics to be done one by one on these PCBs. I also want to know if using the EDA Playground platform, using the VERILOG programming language, it fits the PCBs I need. So in summary: Which PCB do you recommend? Do you already have exercises developed in that initial theme? Make it cheap please, my country pays with devalued money, Thank you.

• 5 months later...

Archived