Sign in to follow this  
goinet

CPLD Programming Cable Parallel Issues

Question

Hi,

I have a CPLD prgramming cable and connecting it to a Xilinix pn XC9572XL-5VQG44C. The issue I'm having is getting it to connect to our parallel ports. We've been troubleshooting this for some time, and haven't been able to get anywhere. From what I can tell, there is nothing wrong with our parallel ports (3 of them are brand new, and 1 of them has been used for a while.). I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a call to make sure we have everything setup properly. You can reach me at 314-300-6147.

Thanks!

Edited by KaitlynFranz
Added Tags

6 answers to this question

Hello,

What kind of programming cable are you using ? Please be sure to use "real" parallel ports, as the parallel converters (like USB to parallel) won't work with programming cables.

Regards,

Cristian

Hello,

What kind of programming cable are you using ? Please be sure to use "real" parallel ports, as the parallel converters (like USB to parallel) won't work with programming cables.

Regards,

Cristian

Thanks for your response Cristian. One of the connections is Parallel to USB. So, there is no way to get that to work?

3 of the 4 I'm having issues with, though are PCIe parallel cards. Drivers are loaded and I see the parallel port in the device manager. I just don't get connection to the XL200 board when I connect the CPLD cable.

Edited by goinet

Any way I can get someone to call me about this? I'd really like to resolve this issue as soon as possible.314-300-6147. 

Another question I have associated with this is: will the programming software work with Windows 7: Device Programmer, iMPACT, Release Version: 4.2WP3.x, Application Version: E?

Hi,

I have a CPLD prgramming cable and connecting it to a Xilinix pn XC9572XL-5VQG44C. The issue I'm having is getting it to connect to our parallel ports. We've been troubleshooting this for some time, and haven't been able to get anywhere. From what I can tell, there is nothing wrong with our parallel ports (3 of them are brand new, and 1 of them has been used for a while.). I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a call to make sure we have everything setup properly. You can reach me at 314-300-6147.

Thanks!

Another question I have associated with this is: will the programming software work with Windows 7: Device Programmer, iMPACT, Release Version: 4.2WP3.x, Application Version: E?

​Can someone please contact me about this today? I would prefer a call if possible at 314-300-6147. Thanks.

I use Win 7 PRO 64-bit, and a PCI (not PCIe) parallel port board along with a Digilent parallel JTAG cable, and I have no problem programming Digilent FPGA and CPLD boards using ISE/iMPACT (v14.7).