Sending messages on the PmodCLP

JColvin

Question

This is for the Nexis UCF 3

##JA
#Net "JA<0>" LOC = T12 | IOSTANDARD = LVCMOS33; #Bank = 2, pin name = IO_L19P, Sch name = JA1
#Net "JA<1>" LOC = V12 | IOSTANDARD = LVCMOS33; #Bank = 2, pin name = IO_L19N, Sch name = JA2  
#Net "JA<2>" LOC = N10 | IOSTANDARD = LVCMOS33; #Bank = 2, pin name = IO_L20P, Sch name = JA3
#Net "JA<3>" LOC = P11 | IOSTANDARD = LVCMOS33; #Bank = 2, pin name = IO_L20N, Sch name = JA4
#Net "JA<4>" LOC = M10 | IOSTANDARD = LVCMOS33; #Bank = 2, pin name = IO_L22P, Sch name = JA7
#Net "JA<5>" LOC = N9 | IOSTANDARD = LVCMOS33; #Bank = 2, pin name = IO_L22N, Sch name = JA8
#Net "JA<6>" LOC = U11 | IOSTANDARD = LVCMOS33; #Bank = 2, pin name = IO_L23P, Sch name = JA9
#Net "JA<7>" LOC = V11 | IOSTANDARD = LVCMOS33; #Bank = 2, pin name = IO_L23N, Sch name = JA10

as it should be for the BASYS 2?

ucf.jpg

Ricardo,

In the Nexys 3 Master UCF file you need to un-comment the pins that are used in the demo. So if you are trying to use the Pmod connector labeled as JA, pins 0 through 7, you need to un-comment those lines. Then you need to make sure they are named (the part in the quotation marks) the same as in the PmodCLP.vhd file when you declare them as inputs and outputs. 

I haven't finished the guide yet but as I said I will post it when it is done. 

Hope this helps in the mean time.

Kaitlyn

Hi Ricardo,

I'm not sure what the timeline for the guide Kaitlyn mention is. I know that a number of the Forum Moderators, including myself, were gone at NI Week this past week so we were unable to devote a lot of time to the Forum.

FPGAs are not my strong suit so I am not able to help you out directly, but we'll definitely let you know when the guide is completed so that way anybody who as a question on changing UCF files will be able to have their question answered.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,
JColvin

From my understanding, the Instructables website only offers pdf downloads of the Instructable guides to their Pro members, which you can choose to be when you sign up for an account with them.

If you do not wish to become a Pro member, you will have to click on the next and previous buttons (or view all steps button) on Kaitlyn's Instructable so you can read through the guide that she has provided on her own time on converting a ucf file to an xdc file.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi there,

There isn't currently a demo for the PmodCLP targeting the Basys2 but if you look on the product page there are several that target the Nexys 3. If you download the demo in either VHDL or Verilog you can go into the sources file and look at the .v file. From there you can modify the UCF file to target the Basys2. 

Kaitlyn

Archived