First project with Zybo (using Vivado)

eron93

Question

Hello everyone, I'm new here on the forum! I am an EE student and  I've developed some projects using Atlys board and Nexys 2 board! Recently, I bought a Zybo board and I'm learning a lot using the vivado software.

I made the download of the Zynq book and tutorials, but is still confusing for me how to program a first project using the Vivado software for the zybo!!

Anyone has a good reference material/ other tutorial ?  I want to create a simple project using the programmable logic of Zybo in Verilog!! I'm having trouble to connect the axis buses and i/O

Thanks,

5 answers to this question

HI Eron93,

Anyone other tutorial that teachs  how to create a HDL project and edit the I/O buses?

My problems continues because the tutorial given above implements a C project. 

​I hear what you are saying, but it is a little bit confusing.... what do you mean by "edit the I/O buses"? Do you want to create a custom AXI endpoint on the bus? a custom peripheral connected to some pre-existing GPIO IP?  do you want to just move around the the existing PS signals to a different pin?

Also, Adam Taylor's MicroZed Chronicles (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-lgsbmVeytsY3hQdi01elBDZm8/view?pli=1) is always worth browsing to understand how Vivado and a Zynq board can work together... from about page 99 is how the Processor and Logic integrate with each other.

Archived