Camera Sensor for Arty Z7-20?

asinghani

Question

Hello,

I am working on a project using an Z7-20 FPGA for computer vision processing using a CMOS camera sensor. I am planning to run convolutions on the image data for usage such as a Sobel filter. (to avoid RAM requirements, I will most likely use a Line Buffer to store the data while it is in use. This means I will need a camera sensor which can connect directly to the FPGA and outputs one pixel at a time (through multiple wires for each color), with a well-defined (or customizable) clock to synchronize the data transmission. I want like something cheap, rugged, and easy to wire like the OV7670 (as this is for a robot, I cannot use something too sensitive to vibration), but something that has a little higher resolution and framerate (I was thinking 480p or 720p at 60fps, or 1080p at 30fps, but lower is fine if the price is too expensive), as well as being a breakout board which can be easily wired (I can make a custom pin header adapter from the camera module to the FPGA's ports if needed, but I don't want to have to use a very small/thin one or something that requires SMD soldering).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer to this question

Archived