Cajjed

How to Zoom into a logic waveform on the Mac

Question

Just recorded some logic data using my new Analog Discovery 2 on my Mac.  Now I want to zoom in and look at the data.  According to the tutorial there is suppose to be a "hot track" button that lets you zoom in but I don't see any such feature.  So how do you zoom in?

I attached a screenshot if it helps.

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 2.13.00 PM.png

7 answers to this question

Hi @Cajjed

You can zoom using the mouse wheel on the signal or by changing the time base.
Also make sure to acquire at higher frequency than the UART rate and you might have to configure the UART rate under its settings (double click on UART or click the edit icon).

Thanks, I don't have a scroll mouse, but two fingers up on the track pad seems to do the trick.  On the UART rate, what options would you set for 230400.  Seems like whatever I choose it tells me I need to reduce the time base?

Sorry for resurrecting the post, but when will this version be released? I want to navigate through the buffer, but I have to stop the acquisition to do that..

Hi @denizcan,

I'm a little confused what you are referring to; in general you will not be able to readily view the measured data at your leisure while an acquisition is occurring, just the data that is currently visible in the WaveForms GUI.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @JColvin

On PicoScope 2000, if I zoomed in, it does not change acquisition parameters.. It acquires at same speed with same length, but it just zooms in.. That way I can navigate through the all captured data in real time.. But, on Waveforms, the next acquisition settings will be modified with the new zoom level..

Hi @attila

On record mode, it takes one snapshot and stops. What I requested is different.. Think about a frame that is taken at given sample rate, and given trigger position.. Now when I zoom in, software zooms in keeping that settings. If a new frame is captured it starts displaying that new frame.. The device continues the operation as is, but the software lets the user to enlarge the captured frames.. What is currently implemented is not zoom in frame, it recaptures with new settings..

Please, if you come across a PicoScope device, use it for a few hours.. You have a working device (actually mine looks like broken), that way it will be a much better tool..