myRIO Pmod adapter and PmodRS232

labviewman

Question

Maybe I am looking at this incorrectly, but pins 2&3 of the UART I/O connector (of the myRIO Pmod adapter) for a UART Pmod module are for the UART, but, the schematic for the PmodRS232 show pins 3&4 are the UART Tx/Rx lines.

Isn't the PmodRS232 supposed to plug right into the myRIO Pmod adapter? Isn't that the purpose of the Pmod adapter?

Since it doesn't look like there is a schematic for the myRIO Pmod adapter, I'll try to check continuity to see how it is really wired, but in the mean-time, maybe someone has an idea how I am supposed to connect the PmodRS232 (maybe using individual wires directly to myRIO and not use the myRIO adapter?)

2 answers to this question

Hi @labviewman,

The pins do not match up for the Pmod RS232. I have passed on this situation to the appropriate engineering team. I would suggest to use the 6-pin MTE Cable  in conjunction with the myRIO Pmod adapter and the Pmod RS232. Also I have fix the table in the MXP Pmod Adapter for NI myRIO reference manual showing that the TX is on pin 2 and the RX is on pin 3 on the JB pmod Port.

thank you,

Jon

Archived