AhmedYousif

Nexys 4 DDR board is not recognized and can not be connected by Vivado

Question

Hello,

I have a Nexys 4 DDR board and I was going through the tutorial. I installed the suite and when I reach the point to connect the target, Vivado is unable to find it.

The jumper of the JTAG is right and I tried more than one USB cable. The error I get on Vivado is "No hardware targets exist on the server [TCP:localhost:3121]"

Your help is appreciated.

Ahmed

7 answers to this question

Hello @AhmedYousif,

I have moved your question to a more appropriate section of the Forum.

At this point in time, I would recommend reinstalling the Digilent Cable drivers; Xilinx has an answer record on how to do that here: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/59128.html. I know you have tried a couple of USB cables already, but if the cable drivers do not help, I would also recommend trying another USB port and potentially another cable that is known to transfer data; the only reason I recommend this is because this has happened to other users of the Nexys 4 DDR boards in the past.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
JColvin

Hi @AhmedYousif,

Also what OS are you using? If you are using Linux then you need to manually install the Digilent Cable Drivers.  If windows, are you able to see the Nexys 4 DDR in the device manager under ports and Universal serial bus controllers? Please download Adept 2 here. Are you able to see the nexys 4 in Adept 2?

cheers,

Jon

On 7.11.2017 at 6:58 PM, JColvin said:

At this point in time, I would recommend reinstalling the Digilent Cable drivers; Xilinx has an answer record on how to do that here: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/59128.html. I know you have tried a couple of USB cables already, but if the cable drivers do not help, I would also recommend trying another USB port and potentially another cable that is known to transfer data; the only reason I recommend this is because this has happened to other users of the Nexys 4 DDR boards in the past.

Hello @JColvin

I have tried to install the cable drivers again but no use. Trying also different USB port was not beneficial.

On 7.11.2017 at 7:20 PM, jpeyron said:

Also what OS are you using? If you are using Linux then you need to manually install the Digilent Cable Drivers.  If windows, are you able to see the Nexys 4 DDR in the device manager under ports and Universal serial bus controllers? Please download Adept 2 here. Are you able to see the nexys 4 in Adept 2?

Hello @jpeyron

The operating system I use is Windows 7. I will post all the screenshots when I get them.

Thanks 

Edited by AhmedYousif

I have the same problem. I´ve tried this solution https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/59128.html but it didn´t work, also changing cable or port. But I can find the Nexys 4 DDR in Adept (see Annex). 

I have win 7 and I am using Vivado and SDK. PS: there is not problem on my laptop, only desktop PC.

image.png