techgineer

AD2 with Labview on Mac?

Question

Hi,

Sorry to be ignorant, but I can't figure out how to use the Analog Discovery 2 with Labview 2014 on my Mac running OS 10.9.5.

I've tried installing the Diligent Waveforms VIs using the Labview VI Package Manager and it crashes.

I could successfully install the AD2 Toolkit but all of it's VIs are broken because they can't find "C:Windows:System32:dwf.dll".

Is it not possible to access the AD2 with Labview on a Mac?

Again, sorry if this is a dumb question. I just can't seem to find the answer after quite a bit of searching the NI and Diligent sites.

6 answers to this question

Hey Techgineer 

I believe this is happening because of an error in the package. I am going to go through and try and correct that error today, I will let you know when I get it working properly for Macs and I apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you

Austin 

JColvin likes this

On 11/6/2017 at 10:58 AM, AustinStanton said:

Hey Techgineer 

I believe this is happening because of an error in the package. I am going to go through and try and correct that error today, I will let you know when I get it working properly for Macs and I apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you

Austin 

Thanks for the response, Austin. When you have a fix I can beta test that for you!

Hey sorry, this has taken longer than I expected. I have attached a zip file that contains a LabVIEW project, could you please unzip it and test out the example VIs inside. Make sure that you uninstall the AD2 toolkit with VI package manager first and make sure you have Waveforms 2015 downloaded(make sure that when you download it you put the dwf.framework into the framework folder).  

Thank you

Austin

AD2_API.zip

Edited by AustinStanton

On 11/13/2017 at 12:23 PM, AustinStanton said:

Hey sorry, this has taken longer than I expected. I have attached a zip file that contains a LabVIEW project, could you please unzip it and test out the example VIs inside. Make sure that you uninstall the AD2 toolkit with VI package manager first and make sure you have Waveforms 2015 downloaded(make sure that when you download it you put the dwf.framework into the framework folder).  

Thank you

Austin

AD2_API.zip

Hi Austin,

I did as you instructed as far as uninstalling AD2 toolkit and making sure dwf.framework is in the frameworks folder.

I placed the AD2 API folder on my desktop and opened it and selected AD2 Analog Example(Multiple).vi from the Examples subfolder.

I got the error message in the attached file. Looks like LV can't find the device. Waveforms runs fine. Rebooting made no difference.

Dennis

AD2 error.png

Ok, I was able to get it working using LabVIEW 2017 on Mac but had a similar problem using LabVIEW 2014 for some reason. I will try and fix the problem and get back to you.

Thank you for your patience

Austin