Help with HDMi passthrough (Zybo Z7-10)

aytli

Question

I'm working with the HDMI ports on a Zybo Z7-10 development board, and I'm trying to set it up as an HDMI passthrough. As in, the HDMI input signal would simply be fed into the HDMI output port without any processing in between. I will eventually be filtering the video signal but I'm using this passthrough as a starting point. The HDMI hardware on my Zybo, as well as my HDMI source and output screen, are all confirmed working because I've been able to run Digilent's HDMI demo on it. I'm using Vivado 2017.3

I was able to get my block design started by following this forum post, replacing the VGA output with an HDMI output. I can currently feed my input video signal to my HDMI output. However, my output video quality looks horrible. I'm currently using a laptop as my HDMI source, and a custom built screen as my video output. This album shows pictures of my video output. The output of the color gradient contains a lot of vertical lines, and the color transitions are not smooth. The color bar also contains the same vertical lines, although not as visible. For the most part the colors on the output screen match the colors of the original image. I've also tried displaying a vertical color gradient, and same vertical lines appear, as well as a bunch of horizontal lines.

Attached is a picture of my current block diagram. The DDC pins are connected to scl and sdi of the hdmi rx port. The output of the clocking wizard is 200MHz. GND and VDD are constant blocks of value 0 and 1 respectively. The system clock is configured as follows:

set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN K17 IOSTANDARD LVCMOS33 } [get_ports { clk }]; #IO_L12P_T1_MRCC_35 Sch=sysclk
create_clock -add -name sys_clk_pin -period 8.00 -waveform {0 4} [get_ports { clk }];

I suspect it might be a clocking issue, but I'm not sure which clock signal to alter, and what frequency to set it to.

Let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Capture.PNG

1 answer to this question

Archived