Analog discovery SDK and VB 6.0

rayb

Question

Trying to Reference the API in my VB 6.0 project.

Does not seam to recoginize the dwf.dll that is in the C: WindowsSystem32dwf.dll 

I get an error saying can not reference this file  when I try to reference it.

I need to use the VB 6.0 enviroment since the basic code does not port to VB.net.

Any advice?  Does this API work with VB 6.0?

Thanks

Ray 

6 answers to this question

Thanks, but I sill can not figure out how to link this .dll and .lib  in visual basic studio 6.0 to my project.

Once I get it linked to my application I can take it from there.

Ray

Hello.

I am facing the same problem.

Though I think at least in my case its not any fault other than that of me lacking the understanding of how to use those files, I've have read the sudgested site as well as all other relevant on microsoft's site while trying to do what the guide says to do but still I fail, I seem to fail to understand the very basics of how to implement the provided files in order to use the library functions in a C application.

I can't even ask for directions but if anyone who knows what we need feels like spelling it out for us I would sure be thankfull.

Perhaps anyone understands and can explain the generall basics when using such a library and .dll .lib files?

Untill that happens I guess its just keep learning VB and C/C++ is all there is to it, I've found it not to be so easy but sooner or later it should give.

There is it not possible to use the DWF library with VB6.0 because the DWF library use C-style function calls but VB6.0 expect standard calling convention. There is the order of function parameter different. I had the same problem with Excel VBA. Therefore, a wrapper DLL was written which converts all functions (> 290). This DLL should also work with VB6.0.

My wrapper DLL, VBA Header file and some Excel VBA examples are available on store of Trenz Electronic:

https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/de/Download/?path=Digilent/27069-Analog Discovery 2/Analog Discovery based LCR-Meter

Archived