Analog Discovery 2 Non volatile memory

james.a.mohler

Question

I am trying to figure out exactly what components on the Analog Discovery 2 are/contain non-volatile memory.  I see that there is the calibration memory which must be NV because the user can re calibrate the device (I'm assuming that you don't have to do this at every power on, I may be wrong). 

Is this calibration memory Non-volatile?  Are there any other IC's on the board that have NV memory on them? Are there any other NV memory IC's on the board?

I saw that in the Analog Discovery 2 reference manual, you guys provide schematics of all of the functional parts of the Analog Discovery 2 device (i.e. ADC - analog section, ADC - digital section, etc.).  I was wondering if there was a place I could find the full schematics for this device or at least a full BOM that I could cross reference each IC to and determine whether or not each component has NV memory.

In our lab, anything that has any form of NV memory creates complications for us and I would need verification that this device does not in fact have any NV memory, or, if it does, I need to know exactly where on the device this NV memory resides and how it is written to if we are going to use these in our lab.

1 answer to this question

Hi @james.a.mohler

The Analog Discovery 2 has the following non-volatile memory ICs:
- IC37 93LC66B EEPROM storing factory and user calibration parameters. Located on the bottom, 6 pin SOT next to the bottom-left screw hole.
- IC39 93LC56B EEPROM storing USB IDs, serial number, device name. Located on the bottom, 6 pin SOT on the bottom-left edge of the USB socket.

Archived