uC32 with Pmod Shield and PmodWifi

joelcrouch

Question

I'm trying to compile the WiFiTCPEchoServer example sketch on a uC32 with Pmod Shield and PmodWifi module connected to port JC, but I get the following error:

"#error Neither the WiFi Shield nor PmodWiFi is supported by this board."

I have "chipKIT uC32 with Pmod Shield" selected as my board.

3 answers to this question

Hi @joelcrouch,

I'm still looking to see if I can find a way to make that particular board file compatible with that project. The short answer is that the sketch file for the WiFiTCPEchoServer does not list the uC32 with the Pmod Shield as a board compatible option in comments section at the top of the page. It is possible to make the code compile by changing the board definitions file for the uC32 with the Pmod Shield, but unfortunately the WiFi Shield and the header JC on the Pmod Shield are not pin physically pin compatible (in terms of where they connect to the uC32) so the libraries will not work. I looked through the associated libraries but did not find a way to change the pins used nicely.

I can keep looking, but I'm not certain if there is a way to get around it aside from wiring the individual pins from the Pmod WiFi to the same pins used by the WiFi Shield since the two boards are functionally the same; just different pins.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived