jam

Question

Hello,

Need Help ASAP.

I have a working code of FPGA (Altera DE2-115 ,cyclon-IV) for coin mining.

Can I use that code on NetFPGA 1G CML for mining, if not what changes should I made in code?

If yes, Then how can I connect it with Ethernet (PHY) of NetFPGA 1G CML? Will I need extra coding to connect it with Ethernet protocol?

Thankx

2 answers to this question

Hi @jam,

You need to use the NetFPGA forums for support on the Ethernet(PHY) with the NetFPGA 1G CML. If you are not already registered, you can use the registration link located on the "Getting Started" page here. Once registered, you should use the NetFPGA forum to post your question. So you are aware, it can take up to a week to be approved in the NetFPGA forum. Unfortunately, Digilent is not familiar with any Altera boards so we would not be able to offer any advice on whether or not the code for one board would work on a Xilinx chip.

thank you,

Jon

I'll provide a short answer: It will require work on your part. Probably several weeks, depending on your expertise.  

You can compile your HDL (assuming verilog or VHDL is used) in the equivalent Xilinx tools, but any references to primitives or IP Cores will need to be ported over to the Xilinx equivalents. The good news is that these two companies follow each other very closely from a feature perspective, so I would bet that you will be able to track down fairly similar equivalents in most cases. 

If you want to go down this road you can expect to receive some help here on the forum, but you will need to keep your questions scoped to reasonable size. Nobody is going to do this entire project for you (for free, there are contractors available out there). I'll also warn what Jon mentioned above: the NetFPGA boards (the 1G CML and SUME) are not "general use" FPGA platforms and were created specifically to be used with the NetFPGA project software. This means they don't have general purpose support content from Digilent, so you won't get a lot of out of box support either. You could avoid this if you went with a platform that is Digilent supported, such as the nexys video or Genesys 2. 

Archived