Zedboard, Sample external analog signal using XADC to Digitize Sony XC-HR50 Camera Output

mosambers

Question

Hello,
is it possible to sample an external analog signal using the XADC? Or do I need the AMS101 Eval-Card for that?
I'm using the Sony XC-HR50 analog Camera (datasheet: https://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/product-XCHR50/ ), which has a CCD Sensor. 

I am very new to Zedboard and trying do save the picture of the camera.

Thank you, kind regards

The Video Output is shown below:

r3knyfic.png

dymwq955.png

5 answers to this question

Hi @mosambers,

I do not have an AMS101 Eval-Card available to use. It looks like the card would facilitate better connections and potentially easier to use with the xilinx xadc header.  I have gotten the xilinx xadc header to work by using flywires instead of the card. Looking at the camera specs I do not see a reason that the xadc would not work for this situation.

cheers,

Jon

Hi @jpeyron,

sorry that I could not answer yet and thank you!

What do you think about this ADC Board? 

https://wiki.analog.com/resources/fpga/xilinx/fmc/ad9467

Do you think the AD9467 FMC Board is appropriate for the Sony XC-HR50 to digitize? Or can you suggest another FMC ADC Board for high speed sampling of the camera?

I am not well known in the area but this is the content of my bachelor thesis. So I would glad very thankful, if you could help me out.

Best regards

Sam 

Hi @mosambers,

I am not familiar with the EIAJ connector which appears to be the 12 pin Output Connector for the Sony XCHR50 progressive scan black and white CCD Camera. In regards to the AD9467 Native FMC Card should be able to handle high speed sampling up to 250 MSPS. I would suggest to reach out to Sony to see what they recommend to use as well.

thank you,

Jon

Hi @mosambers,

@hamster has a XADC project here that is for the Basys 3 but should help you with how to set up your zedboad project using VHDL. Here is a forum thread that discusses using the xadc on the zedboad using the PS. The forum thread has a link to a lab that walks you through setting it up as well as a working project.

cheers,

Jon

Archived