Digilent HDMI FMC Card with Zynq Zc702

ramesh555

Question

Hi All,

I am newbie to zynq board, eagerly started to learn. I have digilent HDMI FMC card it supports 8,10,12 bits color depth. I am trying with pixel width 10-bits with xilinx zynq zc702 board. previously we used Avnet HDMI FMC card it supports only 8-bit pixel width.Now we are in need to move with 10 and 12-bits pixel width. 

1. What are the things needed to use digilent fmc card with zync zc702 board.

2.Where i can get drivers (c-code libs) for digilent fmc card.

3.While its operating in 10-bit mode should i connect it with 10-bit color depth output of laptop?

4.Can i use Avnet fmc card drivers for this digilent fmc card too ? (in this case i need to change EDID content w.r.t digilent  fmc card)

5. Kindly help me regarding this, It would be a great help to me..!!!

I Tried as Mentioned Below :

1.I am not having the digilent fmc card drivers to use and  compile it with  my application C-code so i used with some  changes of  Avnet fmc card driver C-codes. Also chnaged the EDID content w.r.t digilent fmc card ref Document.

2.I used lenova G580 lap to connect HDMI o/p from laptop to FMC card using HDMI cable.digilent fmc card mode is pixel width is 10-bit but while looking at Graphics  card properties of Lap shows that the color depth is 32-bit output, I am sure whther it will support the 10-bit mode digilent fmc card.

3.Any how, While running it I am facing the error message which is given below,

Error: ADV7611 has NOT locked on incoming video, aborting !

Thanks,

Ramesh

post-727-0-11603400-1428395955_thumb.png

5 answers to this question

Hi Ramesh,

The FMC-HDMI has two HDMI inputs: one with the ADV7611 decoder that outputs a 24-bit selectable color format video data bus, one that has the AD8195 buffer that only translates the 5 Volt HDMI signals into 3.3 Volt HDMI signals.

Please note that the FMC-HDMI is an FMC Mezzanine board meaning that it is a peripheral board (add-on), so the controlling software (HDL, C/C++) resides on the ZC702 board making it dependent on the FPGA/processor present on the board.

Here's a reference to the board: https://reference.digilentinc.com/fmc_hdmi:refmanual

Regarding the decoder error make sure you:

1. Set the correct EDID into ADV7611's internal RAM, that configures the link at 10 bits per component
  2. HDMI1_HPA signal of the FMC-HDMI board is asserted
  3. If all of the above steps are completed then measure the decoded pixel clock and compare it with the video resolution's pixel clock frequency

Mihaita

Hi Mihaita,

Thanks for your reply..!!

I couldn't able to get the correct EDID content for ADV7611's internal RAM. Please provide me information that from where i can get the correct EDID content.

For your information:

I have the EDID content for ADV7611 with Avnet's fmc hdmi card, Can i use that for digilent fmc hdmi card to configure ADV7611's RAM ?

Thanks,

Ramesh

Here's the git repository where we release some IP cores for Vivado. Inside the ip directory there's the dvi2rgb_v1_3 core that you can use for the second input of the your FMC-HDMI card, but also there's the dgl_dvi_edid.txt inside the src directory. That's the EDID that we use, you can use it as a starting point and by using this as a reference you can easily modify it to your needs. Or you could use Avnet's EDID as a starting point.

There are heaps of EDID editing software on the web if you don't want to manually edit it.

Hi Mihaita,

Already the EDID content available in digilent fmc hdmi ref document which you mentioned above but they said this EDID content for HDMI2 (but i am working with HDMI1),

i tried with this data also but  still i am facing the same problem. Also Avnet's EDID content has 256 bytes but i can't see the same count in digilent fmc ref document.

Anyhow i will try my level best and then i can get help from you.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Hi All,

I tried a lot but i couldn't able to solve the issue. Error: ADV7611 has NOT locked on incoming video, aborting !

Please guide me to solve this issue. And please provide me any reference design.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Archived