Jos

OpenScope Wifi re-connect doesn't work

Jos    0

Hi,

after setting up my OpenScope initially, it connected successfully to my home wireless lan and I could access it from the tablet or browser as expected.

Then, I disconnected the scope from power and tried to run in on a power bank. The blue light wouldn' stop blinking, so no connection to Wifi anymore. I re-attached to the computer assuming the power bank had not enough power, but also there the scope wouldn't re-connect to Wifi.

I checked my Fritz!Box if the channel had changed to something above channel 11, but it is a safe channel 1.

Any idea what may have happened here?

Thanks,

Jos

Hey Jos,

Are you able to manually connect the OpenScope MZ to the wifi network through WaveForms Live?

When you setup the wifi connection the advanced section of the configuration page allows you to save the network settings and auto connect on boot.  These are checked by default, but I would check and make sure.

openscope-mz-wifi-autoconnect.png

-Kristoff

Jos    0

Hi Kristoff,

thanks a lot for your reply; I did try to set up Wifi using WaveForms Live again and again, using different access points of my network, even a different (guest) network my Fritz!Box provides - the OpenScope didn't connect to any Wifi anymore.

I also checked all advanced parameters, all were set up correctly.

cheers,

Jos

Jos    0

Yes, scanning works, I can see all networks. Latest firmware available (as of Saturday) installed.

Update: it is version 1.37 which is the latest according to WFL. See attached screenshots for firmware and Wifi.

Bildschirmfoto1.png

Bildschirmfoto2.png

Bildschirmfoto3.png

Edited by Jos

Jos    0

update:

• I tried hot spot mode of my tablet and OpenScope connected successfully to it.
  • I changed SSID of my Fritz!Box to something without an "@", to no avail.
  • I changed encryption of the Fritz!Box from "WPA+WPA2" to "WPA2 (CCMP)" - it connected! At least it got an IP address and red and orange LEDs blinked. But WFL on a tablet or from browser wasn't able to connect to this IP address.
  • I then tried the 3rd encryption option "WPA (TKIP)", again to no avail, no IP address, no connection.

So, my conclusion is that either firmware or even the Wifi chip itself are not capable of connecting to a Fritz!Box, at least mine (model 7390). I just wonder why it did connect at the very first try, but then refuses to connect to the very same network afterwards.

Is there any way to extend compatibility on the firmware level?

Edited by Jos

Hey,

The OpenScope MZ supports WPA2 so I would expect both of the security settings you listed above to work.  When you change the router to WPA2 (CCMP) are you able to connect to the network and power cycle the OpenScope and reconnect reliably?  If so I'd be interested in staying in that mode to debug the connection issue from WFL.

I'm not familiar with the Fritz!Box (other than the quick google search I just did).  Is there anything unique about it?  I would be surprised if OpenScope MZ was not able to connect to a router that supports 802.11g and WPA2 unless there is some other configuration issue or unique 'feature' of the router.

-Kristoff