Making SDSoC platform for Arty Z7

dai

Question

Hello,

I want to use Arty Z7-20 for embedded computer vision project.

So I tried to make platform file using https://github.com/sbobrowicz/Arty-Z7-20-base/ and followed "SDSoC_Platform_creation_Guide.txt".

But Platform make was failed because "Include directory 'C:/~~/SDSoC_Staging/include_linux' doesnt exist."

I looked for "include_linux" folder on github repository but I couldn't find it.

Where is "include_linux" folder?  Or, Did I take any mistakes?

I hope you will be able to provide the information.

sdspfm.log

Arty-Z7-20-base_src_others_SDSoC_Staging at master · sbobrowicz_Arty-Z7-20-base · GitHub.html

github_artyz7.PNG

6 answers to this question

Hi @dai,

Were you able to accomplish section 9 and 10 of the SDSoC_Platform_creation_Guide.txt. Were you able to Copy the lib folder to the output\Arty_Z7_20\sw\linux\ folder then open output\Arty_Z7_20\sw\Arty_Z7_20.spfm? What text do you see in Arty_Z7_20.spfm? 

thank you,

Jon

Hi @jpeyron,

I appreciate your kind response and please excuse my lack of explanation.

I failed section 4 (execute make) of the SDSoC_Platform_creation_Guide.txt. 

So, I couldn't make output\Arty_Z7_20 folder and output\Arty_Z7_20\sw\Arty_Z7_20.spfm.

What should I do next?

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

dai 

You found my secret notes... that project has been under heavy development while I try to put together our official SDSoC/reVISION platform for the Arty Z7-20. I'm betting that guide is broken. Current timeline is end of october for first release of this platform.

That project is a good sdsoc platform project to build on, but I would not trust anything in that folder for using it to create your SDSoC platform. You should just use the Vivado project with UG1146 to create your platform. You will find some useful tips in that guide (like how to make sure the Arty Z7 board files can be used), but following it to the letter is not going to work.

If it works with your schedule, you could also wait for our platform.

@dai,

Update, I am still actively working on the platform. It's been a long road filed with many more "quirks" and bugs than I was expecting, but I'm in the middle of troubleshooting what I hope are the last couple issues with the Live I/O demos. The File I/O revision demos are working. Likely the release date is prior to December 15.

Archived