Programing SPI Flash from Adept 2 for linux?

mmarcos

Question

Hello.

I am working with an Atlys board. I am trying to transfer a bitstream file and a linux image to the SPI flash. In windows I remember doing it from the flash tab in the Adept application. Now I am working on a linux computer and I've installed the Adept 2 runtime and utilities. I've read the man pages for the 3 utilities (dadutil, djtgcfg and dsumecfg) but it is still not clear to me if it is posible to transfer to SPI flash using these utilities. Is it?

2 answers to this question

Unfortunately, that feature is only available in the Adept GUI, which only works in Windows. 

You could try creating an MCS file in iMPACT, and loading the Linux binaries as user data after the bitstream. You could then program the MCS file using iMPACT.

Sam, thanks for the reply. It would have been great to avoid using windows in the process, but it was too good to be true. I'll device a workaround. Maybe something as simple as logging into windows to flash the board. I'm running a buildroot linux distro and a hypervisor on top of a synthesized leon3 microprocessor and last night I was able to connect to the leon3 through Gaisler Research's GRMON utility from linux. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems that GRMON has the ability of transfering a binary image to the spi flash, so I am going to look into that.

Martin.

Archived