Not seeing an option to adjust output Voltage in "Supplies" in Waveforms 2015 (Using Analog Discovery Legacy)

MAK

Question

Hello,

I'm a newbie using the Analog Discovery (Legacy), and attempting to run through a few experiments.  When using the Power Source or "Supplies" tool in Waveforms 2015, all the directions and manuals show a dropdown menu where you can adjust the voltage (0-5V).  The manual from Digilent's own website SPECIFICALLY regarding the Analog Discovery Legacy shows this as an option as well.  I can't find any such option however in my program, it just isn't there.  I should mention that I am powering the AD itself via USB from my laptop, but I don't think that is the issue as according to the status I am outputting ~5V via USB just fine, and the manual also shows the dropdown while being powered by USB.

I also don't know what the little green bar underneath is supposed to represent, as it moves up only partially seemingly to random places when I turn on the "Master" enable, in case that it something to be concerned about.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!!

P.S.  Sorry for the re-post I realized I put this question outside the "Waveforms" Forum.

2 answers to this question

Hi @MAK,

Analog Discovery doesn't have variable user voltage supplies. The voltage is fixed to +5V and -5V, therefore you can't ajust them. Analog Discovery 2 has variable user power supplies and the option can be seen in the Waveforms software when you connect a Discovery 2 or in demo mode.

As you can see in the specification of the product for Analog Discovery says:

AD.JPG.a7fe14691f1e3357d1a8b4a900cf8e95.JPG

And for Analog Discovery 2

Capture.JPG.c14e98f95cee6e76d10da496abf87991.JPG

In the Waveforms reference manual you can see how it looks for both Analog Discovery and Analog Discovery 2.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.34d24c7a32dfc73a4307cf5a358e1d98.JPG

That green bar shows you the consumption of the power supplies.

Best regards,

Bianca

Archived