digilent usb-jtag cable can't be found by Impact 14.7

smetz39

Question

hi, I've  been using my Digilent rev G usb-jtag programmers cable for over a year successfully for CPLD programming.   However, yesterday it suddenly couldn't be found by Impact 14.7 - 'WARNING:iMPACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup!'   So I did the usual things:

- restart the computer and ISE14.7 - no change, still would not recognize the device.

- verify all connections to the cable - seem OK.

- look for the driver in the system Device Manager (Win7) to see if its operating ok -I couldn't find it under Universal Serial Bus Controllers (or any other heading).

- try a different USB micro cable - didn't make a difference

- try a different CPLD board - didn't make a difference.

- try uninstalling then reinstalling the driver as suggested by a Xilinx Forum note - didn't make a difference.

If anyone has another Idea, I would sincerely appreciate the help!

steven metz

13 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, Bianca said:

Hi @dominioYP,

Which cable are you using because above we discussed about two different cables?

Can you tell me if anything shows up at all in device manager when you connect the cable?

Was it working before or it's the first time you are trying to use it?

Thanks,

Bianca

some week ago I used iMPACT without problem. I had change a DLL to open the 64 bit version in windows 10. I was able to built my application on the FPGA.

I use a USB cable connected to the JTAP port of the FPGA. I don't understant why is there written "Invalid device driver license." on my console:

Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21).
Checking cable driver.
 Driver file xusb_emb.sys found.
 Driver version: src=1029, dest=1029.
 Driver windrvr6.sys version = 12.0.0.0. WinDriver v12.0.0 Jungo Connectivity (c) 1997 - 2015 Build Date: Aug 12 2015 x86_64 64bit SYS 09:44:29, version = 1200.
Invalid device driver license.
Cable connection failed.

So, You are using the JTAG-USB with Windows 10 on 64 bits. 

Can you send me a screen shot to see how it appears under Universal Serial Bus Controller in Device manager? 

Can you try on another computer, maybe with another OS like Windows 8 or 7 and see if you have the same issue?

Bianca

11 minutes ago, Bianca said:

So, You are using the JTAG-USB with Windows 10 on 64 bits. 

Can you send me a screen shot to see how it appears under Universal Serial Bus Controller in Device manager? 

Can you try on another computer, maybe with another OS like Windows 8 or 7 and see if you have the same issue?

Bianca

I tried with success to use iMPACT on win 7 and two win10. But on my win10, after a huge system update I ended to use iMPACT.

here it is the capture of my device manager: :) 

Capture.PNG

20 minutes ago, Bianca said:

Try to reinstall cable drivers. This is more an Impact issue than a cable issue. Apparently a very common one among Impact users. I googled the error and found some solution. Maybe some of them would work. Se here

Bianca

I did this procedure without good news. :(

32 minutes ago, Bianca said:

Try to reinstall cable drivers. This is more an Impact issue than a cable issue. Apparently a very common one among Impact users. I googled the error and found some solution. Maybe some of them would work. Se here

Bianca

I LOVE YOU!!!  I follow step by step this guide! work!!!

2018-08-23 16_41_13-Device Manager.png

Archived