No option to change power source voltage in Waveforms (Analog Discovery Legacy)

MAK

Question

Hello folks,

I'm a newbie using the Analog Discovery (Legacy), and attempting to run through a few experiments.  When using the power source tool via Waveforms 2015, all the directions and manuals show a dropdown menu where you can adjust the voltage (0-5V).  The manual from Digilent's own website SPECIFICALLY regarding the Analog Discovery Legacy shows this as an option as well.  I can't find any such option however in my program.  I should mention that I am powering the AD itself via USB from my laptop, but I don't think that is the issue as according to the status I am outputting ~5V via USB just fine.  

I also don't know what the little green bar underneath is supposed to represent, as it moves up only partially seemingly to random places when I turn on the "Master" enable.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Capture.PNG

4 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply, but according to the Manual from this very website specifically regarding Power Source within Waveforms via the Analog Discovery Legacy, https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/instrumentation/tutorials/ad1-power-supplies/start, it claims that you CAN adjust the voltage level.  Are you suggesting that their manual on the website is incorrect??  I would find that surprising because my lab is asking for that very feature to be implemented as if it should be working perfectly fine.

Capture.PNG

I was unable to fix this.  Bumping because I was told that I should be able, as per the manual on Digilent's own website, to set the voltage between 0 and 5 (considering my usb is powering a successful ~5v PS set).

If anyone else can help me out that would be super...

Archived