Reset Button on ZYBO

endluri.ram

Question

I am using ZYBO board. I am running microblaze processor to use GPIO block. Microblaze need two reset buttons. How can I connect those two buttons to the onboard reset buttons 'BTN7 : PS-SRST' and 'BTN6 PROGB'? I cannont find pin number in master XDC file. I can connect reset to push buttons but i will be losing two buttons for that purpose.

4 answers to this question

The PROG and PSRST buttons are connected to dedicated pins on the FPGA, and cannot be used as you have described. The PROG button will clear the FPGA configuration, and the PS-RST button will reset the Processing system of the Zynq. You will need to sacrifice one of the other onboard push-buttons to be used as the microblaze reset. In my experience, only one button is required for this purpose, are you sure that you need 2?

I'm also curious why you would like to use a microblaze core instead of the ZYNQ processing system... 

Yes, I can tie two buttons to one reset and use a push button. I am working on home work where i need to use microblaze and 4 push buttons and  4 switches. Thats where i got the problem. I am gonna try using constant block and see if it works and solve the problem

Archived