Can't Program Zybo

Jo-Jo

Question

I'm new to FPGA work, but I think there is something wrong with the Zybo board I just received. Vivado tells me there are no debug cores. When I try to program it it says the debug core was not detected. I'm using the same project I used to program a different Zybo board, so I don't think it's the project configuration. I searched on the Vivado forum, and all I found was that this will happen if the JTAG clock frequency is less than the ILA clock frequency. I have no idea what that means.

Vivado suggested I manually launch hw_server with some parameters specified. I tried that, but I still have the same issue.

Can anyone here tell me how to get my board running? Or is this thing just broke?

1 answer to this question

To me, it sounds like you are trying to use the logic analyzer functionality (formerly known as chipscope). Is this true (its actually a more advanced feature for debugging designs)? If not, I think you may be following an incorrect procedure to program the ZYBO... Are you following the same procedure as you did when programming the ZYBO board that is working?

Last, what version of Vivado are you using? Any screen shots you can provide of your programming procedure might also be helpful...

Archived