Arty Z7 - memory write error

Stephen D

Question

Hi all,

have read previous postings, none of them answered my problem.

I am using an Arty Z7 20, Vivado 2017.2 and latest board files (A.0).

I have walked through the Zybo getting started with Zynq tutorial, using the Arty Z7 board settings. My block design contains Z7 PS, PS reset, AXI Interconnect and AXI GPIO (btns_4bits).

Block design validates ok and can create HDL wrapper, create bitstream, export hardware and launch the SDK.

I've selected the "Hello World" example and am trying to get it running.

The cable appears to be connected ok and JP4 is set to QSPI.

I am getting the error "Memory write error at 0x100000. APB AP transaction error, DAP status f0000021" when I attempt to run the project.

The memory map suggests this is DDR related. Any ideas on how to proceed?

Regards,

Stephen

4 answers to this question

Hi @Stephen D,

Please attach a screen shot of your block design. I just went through the tutorial without issue in Vivado 2017.2 using the Arty-Z7-20. I have attached my block design along with a few others with sdk and tera term. Did you use the default setting for the Zynq processor? I also included my SDK code made for the Arty-Z7 so the buttons turn on the leds and switch activity is shown through the usb-uart on a serial terminal like tera termor the SDK terminal as well.

Arty-Z7_GSWZ_SDK.txt

GSWZ_ARTYZ7_4.jpg

GSWZ_ARTYZ7_1.jpg

GSWZ_ARTYZ7_2.jpg

GSWZ_ARTYZ7_3.jpg

Hi Jon,

thanks for your patience. Have got it working. The problem was due to me not reading the instructions carefully enough.

JP4 needs to be in the JTAG position. Alex asked me earlier to try that and I did. Yesterday it failed, today it works. Go figure...

Thanks all for your help,

Stephen

Archived