fingerprint sensor implentation

anirudha semwal

Question

12 answers to this question

hi @JColvin

i want to use these two sensor  using uart communication protocol .but i dont understand how can i get the data on my computer can u plz provide some information about implementation of these sensor. can i get  the data in form of image on my computer using vga cable what procedure should apply for the same.

Finger print sensor(R305)

Fingerprint sensor GT511C3

19 hours ago, anirudha semwal said:

i want to use these two sensor  using uart communication protocol .but i dont understand how can i get the data on my computer can u plz provide some information about implementation of these sensor. can i get  the data in form of image on my computer using vga cable what procedure should apply for the same.

Finger print sensor(R305)

Fingerprint sensor GT511C3

I used R305 Fingerprint sensor before with Xilinx FPGA. You can easily communicate with the sensor using UART. However, you need to read its datasheet (attached) to see how to configure the sensor (Data packet format, instruction set) and get the data from it. 

R305-User-Manual.pdf

Hi @anirudha semwal,

What fpga board are you using? Depending on the board, you could use something like Microblaze or a zynq processor to facilitate UART communication to the sensors. You could use something like the Pmod USBUART  to help get the data of of the sensor. Once you get the data you could send the data to your pc through the usb-uart or Ethernet.  You would be able to send data through usb-uart with all of our FPGA 's. It would depend on if the FGPA has an Ethernet component as to if you could send data that way. I know that you could send your data through VGA if the FPGA has that component or if you use something like the Pmod VGA. I do not believe your PC would be able to receive data through the VGA.

cheers,

JOn

11 hours ago, anirudha semwal said:

hi @Van Loi LE

ok i will go through from this .

thanks

can you plz provide the code on my mail anirudhasemwal213@gmail.com

Hi @anirudha semwal,

The attached file is the C++ library I made (by fpga4student.com) for MicroBlaze on Virtex FPGA. It contains necessary functions for configuring the sensor, reading data and writing data to the sensor etc. You can either use it in your embedded system or follow the library to convert it into HDL code. 

If you have any difficulty in HDL code, just let me know here and I will help.

fingerprint.h

hii

i got these warning what to do

• [Chipscope 16-3] Cannot debug net 'seg1_A'; it is not accessible from the fabric routing.
  • [Chipscope 16-3] Cannot debug net 'RsRx'; it is not accessible from the fabric routing.
  • [Chipscope 16-3] Cannot debug net 'clk'; it is not accessible from the fabric routing.

Archived