macgyverque

Microblaze Xintc_SelfTest Failure w/ Baseline ARTY BSD

Question

Hello All,

Have been attempting to enable interrupts on a project using the Arty and was running into issues with the intc_SelfTest failing. I loaded the Arty BSD from github thinking I had some issue with the project itself but am getting the same exact result. Any suggestions as to what I may need to change? I changed nothing in the BSD so I'm assuming it should be correct. Also followed multiple online tutorials and have been unable to solve the issue.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thx! 

xintc_failure.jpg

4 answers to this question

Hi @macgyverque,

I was able to get the testperiph.c to run without an issue using the Arty-BSD project as shown below. Make sure to press buttons when asked in the terminal text. I was also able to run the xintc_example.c here with a small change to the BSD project in Vivado. I had to add one more input on the xlconcat going from In0-In6 to In0-In7 inputs. Then I connected In7 to the interrupt on the UARTLITE IP Core. I successfully ran the xintc_tapp_example.c here as well.  Could you take a screen shot of your block design and attached the SDK code.

cheers,

Jon

interrupt_arty_2.jpg

interrupt_arty.jpg

Edited by jpeyron

Hey @jpeyron, thanks for spotting the post and verifying on your end. I ran the xintc_example and it actaully gets past the XIntc_SelfTest!

Unfortunately, the program is stuck in the while loop waiting for the InterruptProcessed flag to be set. This is great progress though! Why do you think it may be getting stuck considering i'm using the base SDK and code?

As an aside..

Not sure why i'm running into such odd issues. Almost want to compare this to the Pynq board to see if my board is somehow damaged, but the default bitstream that comes flashed on the ROM likely has interrupts so I'm wondering if there's an issue w/ the SDK or my implementation of xintc  in Vivado. Difficult to get started when the default apps don't work.

Arty-BSD_SDK.tgz

bd.jpg

@jpeyron Just checking in. I think the forum went down some time last week and I was pinging you to see if you had a chance to look over the attached system diagram and BSD. I've finally got a moment to jump back on this and will work on it later tonight. Thanks for your help

Hi @macgyverque,

The forums were down for part of Thursday and Friday. Unfortunately, I have not been able to see why the program is stuck in the while loop waiting for the Interrupt Processed flag to be set. I did also want to point you to the "Getting Started with Microblaze Servers" tutorial here as a smaller project that uses interrupts. This might be an easier project to look at interrupts.

cheers,

Jon