DPG1 Pmod

Sandokan

Question

Hello everybody!

I'm new in this context! Can someone help me to program DPG1 Pmod? I need Vivado block diagram and sdk code?

I'm following carefully this instruction but my program doesn't  work:

https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/pmod-ips/start#add_the_digilent_library_repository 

This tutorial support DPG1 Pmod? 

8 answers to this question

@Sandokan

Unfortunately the DPG1 IP is not yet supported by that tutorial. However, it should be within the next week. We are currently working on making sure that each of Pmod IP cores in the vivado-library repository are fully working, and the DPG1 hasn't been checked yet (I'll push it up the priority list). In the overview section of the tutorial you linked, there is a drop-down labeled "Pmods Supported" that contains a table with the full list of the IP cores that we have validated in 2015.4.

As for solving your errors more quickly, are SDK or Vivado giving you any error messages? There are a few different reasons this may not be working, but it may be a little more difficult to fix if it is just failing silently. Additionally, what board are you using? The SDK C code used in the example code changes a little, depending on whether you are using a Zynq board or not, so narrowing in on whether the issue may be Microblaze or Zynq related could be helpful.

Apologies,

Arthur

I'm using a ZedBoard. The part in Vivado seems to work, in SDK the main.c that I copy into the src folder of my project reports errors due to the lack of appropriate platform.h file.
However I downloaded a platform.h file that seems to be suitable (some doubt remains to me), this concludes the error but once the Pmod has been launched by no result.

What is it that may not work?

I hope there is soon a tutorial!!!

I'm waiting for news.

Thanks you so very much.

Thanks for your help,
I've followed your diagram in vivado and it works. When I start the sdk, the program in c starts randomly: I used the driver's main.c, copied it to helloworld and modified the code to let it detect the two DPG1 sensors connected to the splitter.
I guess I should introduce code that applies to other IPs used: Constant, Concat, Pmod_Bridge, and Slice. Any suggestions for the code?

@Sandokan

The only code that is needed in SDK is to control the things connected over AXI. The way that I think about it is that since the C code is running on the ARM processor, which is contained within the Zynq IP in the block design, the only C code that gets written is the stuff that controls the things that the Zynq block is connected to.

The above block diagram is intended as a generic example, in that the two Pmod GPIO cores can be replaced with other relevant IPs (AXI Quad SPI or AXI IIC, for example). Note that if an IIC pmod needs to be used, there is some extra work that might need to happen to configure the pins to use pull up registers, I am not sure what this would be off of the top of my head. For the Pair of DPG1s, the Pmod GPIO IP cores should be replaced with Pmod DPG1 IP cores, with the Pmod_out interface pins connected the same way. (Admittedly, manually connecting 32 different pins is a massive pain).

Thanks,

Arthur

Archived