Arty echo_server problem

FPGARoger

Question

I've been following the Getting started with Microblaze Servers tutorial using Vivado 2017.2 and have a problem with the echo_server project. I can download and start the code on the Arty but the only output seen on the terminal window is:

lwIP TCP echo server

TCP packets sent to port 6001 will be echoed back

link speed: 100

There's nothing beyond this i.e. no IP addresses appearing. Is this a known problem and if so, is there a fix please?

Thanks,

Roger.

1 answer to this question

Hi @FPGARoger,

I just went through the Getting Started with Microblaze Servers tutorial in Vivado 2017.2 without issue. This tutorial was made for vivado 2015.x and the the major difference I had using Vivado 2017.2 was in the SDK with setting the phy link speed . When I used 10 Mbps (CONFIG_LINKSPEED10), 100 Mbps (CONFIG_LINKSPEED100) or 1000 Mbps (CONFIG_LINKSPEED1000) for the phy link speed the terminal showed that the DHCP timed out and it configured in default settings. The echo server still works. I have attached screen shots of my terminals along with my block desig.. I would suggest to go through the tutorial again from the beginning.   I am going to add how to set up the ethernat to use the echo server to the tutorial as well as the phy speed link suggestions.

cheers,

Jon

Arty_echo_2017_2_number_4.jpg

Arty_echo_2017_2_number_3.jpg

Arty_echo_2017_2_number_2.jpg

Arty_echo_2017_2_number_1.jpg

Archived