Application for reading and writing to memory of ARC700 processors using JTAG-HS2 cable

Jagbandhu Sahu

Question

10 answers to this question

Hi @Jagbandhu Sahu,

I do know that the JTAG-HS2 works with the ARC processors. Unfortunately we do not have any information about the ARC processor. You will need to contact Synopsys for assistance in developing an application which can read and write RAM memory of the controller using Digilent HS2 JTAG cable. 

thank you,

Jon

Hi @Jagbandhu Sahu,

Unfortunately we did not test the JTAG-HS2 for this length of time and do not have any metrics for this. The engineer that would be conducting this test is out until November 10th and then there would be the 170 Hrs for the test. If you are still interested in knowing this information please let us know.

cheers,

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for replying. My requirement is to test around 100 ARC processors in a chamber at around 80C for 170hrs and collect the logs generated during the tests via HS2 JTAG cable. So, 100 HS2 JTAG cables will be connected to ARC processors inside the chambers.

I have application for retrieving the logs via HS2 JTAG cable.  But before running at 80C, I want to be sure that HS2 cable can withstand that temperature for a given period of time.

Also, I will run this test multiple times, so I want to know its endurance(no. of test it can run without damage.(1test = 80C temp for 170hrs))

Thanks

Jagbandhu

Hi Jon,

Thanks for replying. My requirement is to test around 100 ARC processors in a chamber at around 80C for 170hrs and collect the logs generated during the tests via HS2 JTAG cable. So, 100 HS2 JTAG cables will be connected to ARC processors inside the chambers.

I have application for retrieving the logs via HS2 JTAG cable.  But before running at 80C, I want to be sure that HS2 cable can withstand that temperature for a given period of time.

Also, I will run this test multiple times, so I want to know its endurance(no. of test it can run without damage.(1test = 80C temp for 170hrs))

Thanks

Jagbandhu

Archived