Regarding the project given as demo on digilent ...

fpga_123

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi @muku,

The usb-uart communication was included in this demo for an easy way for the user to know what they are currently doing I.E. recording or playback. I have included a screen shot of this below. We did not need to do this in the demo. We could have used led's to signify what is going on I.E. recording , playback, errors.  Not related to this questions, I occasionally use the usb-uart for trouble shooting purposes which I find to be better than using Led's but less informative than the SDK debugger although the debugger is a little more complicated and time consuming.

cheers,

Jon

Zybo_DMA_AUDIO_DEMO.jpg

On 9/13/2017 at 2:16 AM, jpeyron said:

Hi @muku,

The usb-uart communication was included in this demo for an easy way for the user to know what they are currently doing I.E. recording or playback. I have included a screen shot of this below. We did not need to do this in the demo. We could have used led's to signify what is going on I.E. recording , playback, errors.  Not related to this questions, I occasionally use the usb-uart for trouble shooting purposes which I find to be better than using Led's but less informative than the SDK debugger although the debugger is a little more complicated and time consuming.

cheers,

Jon

Zybo_DMA_AUDIO_DEMO.jpg

thanks a lot ..............

Archived