PYNQ-Z1 awareness in vivado

jge64

Question

I'm trying to use PYNQ-Z1 board (instead of Xilinx's ZC702 eval board) for a lab in Xilinx' UG871: Ch10, Lab 1: Implement Vivado HLS IP on a Zynq Device (here pynq-z1 instead of zc702)

I can see the board listed under the list of board when start a new vivado project and select board (instead of part, like in UG871 v2016.4
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_4/ug871-vivado-high-level-synthesis-tutorial.pdf

page 222, specify vivado project details), after following the pynq-z1 documentaion (copy the board files to specified folder of vivado path); it works like other xilinx board (like ZC702 eval board).

But, the board is not listed in the drop down list as presets when I do config Zynq AP SOC ( as in the same UG, page 229, like zc702 listed). I did see the preset file in the same board def files (zipped), and even tried to load it (import xps settings).

Without doing it successfully, I can not even run a hello word demo which needs to use UART (aparently, the usb/UART is on the pynq-z1 board).

Any procedure to follow so I Can have the board listed in the drop-down list in the projectsettings and in the presets?
Thanks,

1 answer to this question

Archived