3.6.8 SDK release

holla2040

Question

Dear Digilent,

I've been exploring the 3.6.8 features and love the impedance analyzer. What's the schedule for updating the Waveforms SDK and its Reference Manual? I'm very interested in automating some impedance measurements using python.  If this has been done already, I apologize for not finding and asking this question.

Thanks for the awesome tool.

Craig

ps. here's my video I created a couple days after 3.6.8 release, Analog Discovery 2 Impedance Analyzer, OPTs and What Tube Plates Really See!!!

4 answers to this question

Hi @holla2040

The WaveForms SDK (dwf library API) provides access to low level functions of the device like: scope control and acquisition data, awg control...
With these you can create custom application or python scripts, which control the device and process the raw data.

The high level data processing like: FFT, measurements, network, impedance analyzer... are performed in the WaveForms application. These can't be accessed with the WF SDK.
With the WF/Script tool (javascript language) you can automate the interface control, measurement and data saving.
With Scope-Logic/View/Logging the data saving can be customized, with Scope/Measure/Custom custom measurements can be implemented...

Ahhh, so the impedance analyzer computation uses only the scope output available via the SDK (which calls the dwf). OK, I got it. Thanks for the clarification.

BTW, I haven't had access to an impedance analyzer since 1988 with a HP4192.  Having one again allows for an interesting and informative understanding of tube amplifier design. Thanks, love that AD2. 

Archived