ZYBO Port Names Problem

swimteam

Question

Implementing a AXI_GPIO gives a choice of the leds, buttons, switches or custom. For example, I select leds and everything is fine. However, when I select CUSTOM the port name is "gpio" or something like that shows up. I then have a commented out Master Constraint file and un-comment the "leds" and rename them to "gpio" same as in the block diagram. It fails place & route.

The Zyno board was selected during the create project phase. It seems to me that if I have a constraint file - then that would override the other constraints (whereever they may be) that are being used. That's not what is happening.

Anyone know why?

My goal is to control the PORT names. I would like to name the ports to whatever and use a constraint file to assign the pin to that port.

3 answers to this question

You can set the port name in the external interface properties.

For a custom I/O, Vivado instantiates tristate buffers (IOBUF) in your HDL wrapper.

For the constraints, you can look up the pin name of the tristate signal in the HDL wrapper.

port_name.JPG.c4662965431a546f0e8c34cc0471c143.JPGport_name2.JPG.bbb0330f3da23c453b1aff2961e16499.JPG

port_name3.JPG

port_name4.JPG

Archived