Arty S7 Analog inputs

Hooman

Question

1 answer to this question

Hi @Hooman,

It depends on your design needs. The reference manual here under section 9.2 Shield Analog I/O it shows the XADC is a Dual 12-Bit 1 MSPS Analog-to-Digital Converter. It also shows that on the Arduino/chipkit header pins A0-A9 and V_P/V_N are used as analog inputs to the XADC module of the FPGA. You can see more information about the pins on the schematic here. You would be able to send the data over serial communications through one of the pmod ports using something like the Pmod USBAURT  or Pmod RS232 or potentially using the digital I/O pins on the Arduino/chipkit header. You would not be able to send data at 200 ksps over the arduino/chipkit header digital I/O or Pmod ports. Unfortunately,. we do not have a max speed for the Pmod ports.I would not be able to give you a specific speed that the data can be transferred to the Raspberry PI. I would suggest to use the High speed Pmod ports describe in 8.2 High-Speed Pmod in the Reference manual. Depending on your design needs you could use the 256MB DDR3L to store your information and then send it out serially to the raspberry pi at a slower speed.

cheers,

Jon

Archived