Arty Z7 HDMI IN issue

skaat27

Question

Hello Guys,

I just received my Arty Z7 board and I was trying out the HDMI_IN design. I exactly followed the given instructions and I get this place_design error in vivado and "The Hardware Project referenced by this BSP (hdmi_in_bsp) was not found in this workspace." in sdk. I tried out the HDMI_OUT and it was working perfectly fine. I have attached the screenshots. Kindly help me out here.

Note: I have seen similar questions on this forum, but none of those solutions helped me. So starting a new thread.

TIA

Regards,

Karthik

place_design_vivado.JPG

sdk bsp error.JPG

8 answers to this question

Hi @skaat27,

Make sure that you have also downloaded the vivado library in the repo folder in the HDMI-IN project on github. Then put the contents in the vivado library in the repo folder of your project. here is a forum thread that deals with this. Also what version of Vivado are you running? Were you able to generate a bitstream? If so did you export the hardware including bitstream before launching SDK?

cheers,

Jon

@jpeyron

Thanks for getting back. Apparently the vivado library folder was empty. So initially what i did was, i copied the repo from the hdmi_out project folder thinking that they use the same ips anyway (the ip status passed too). Now I have downloaded the repo for the hdmi_in and have linked it. Running the design now. Lets see if it works.

Thanks a lot.

Hi @skaat27,

I have been able to get the HDMI-IN for the Arty-Z7-20 to work in Vivado 2017.1 by doing the following. I am working on verifying it in Vivado 2016.2. The process is as follows.  Once you have used the cleanup command. Go to the file "hdmi_in_bd.tcl" here: Arty-Z7-20-hdmi-in-master\src\bd\hdmi_in\hw_handoffset and edit the text to say 2016.2 instead of 2016.4. Load the project. Once the project has loaded. Upgrade the ips under tools->report->report ip status. Once you have upgraded the IP's then  right click on hdmi_in under the sources tab and create a  HDL wrapper and generate a bitstream.

cheers,

Jon

update: I was able to get the project to work in Vivado 2016.2(verified). Changes from the process I list above are as follows: I had to have a fresh project so there was no changes done previously to the project from other attempts. When updating IP's I had to choose out of context per block design apply and generate. I attached a screen shot below. I also attached my hdmi-in project done in VIvado 2016.2.

Arty-Z7-20-hdmi-in-master.zip

updating_IP.jpg

@jpeyron

I actually installed 2016.4 and Boooooom!!!! it worked. Anyways thanks for the idea, Ill try it out on 2017 and 2016.2. Also is it not real time relay? I mean i have the hdmi_in connected to my laptop and out to a monitor and i do not see the mouse moving. Or is it slow?

Hi @skaat27,

I was not able to duplicate your situation. I was able to get my mouse to move in real time. I have attached a video. Also remember to not plug in the HDMI cords until you have programmed the Arty-Z7. The only things i can think of is maybe your monitor settings. Also, if you have your resolution at the 1080, maybe change the resolution down and see if you are then able to have real time relay.

cheers,

Jon

ARTY-Z7_HDMI-IN.zip

Archived