Emulate I2C slave

ned_zepplin

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi @ned_zepplin

At the moment the WF/Protocol interface supports I2C spying and master (master,custom,sensor), but slave is not supported.
You could implement I2C slave using SDK or script/staticio but this would be slow, ~10ms/bit, and could cause SMBus timeout.

We might add Slave for Protocol/I2C later.
Thank you for this post.

Here you can find a related topic:

Scripting delays are large, and SPI slaves are expected to respond instantly (half the clock period) to the clock, so I don't think that a general slave emulator is possible.  It can be difficult to make an SPI slave even with a dedicated microcontroller that has SPI hardware support, and compromises need to be made.  

An I2C emulator may be more feasible, as that protocol allows the slave to retard the clock.

OK, thanks for the clarification.

Note that I think supporting a configurable I2C slave would be a great feature for future versions of Waveforms.

3 hours ago, attila said:

Hi @ned_zepplin

At the moment the WF/Protocol interface supports I2C spying and master (master,custom,sensor), but slave is not supported.
You could implement I2C slave using SDK or script/staticio but this would be slow, ~10ms/bit, and could cause SMBus timeout.

We might add Slave for Protocol/I2C later.
Thank you for this post.

Here you can find a related topic:

Archived