Triggering not working as expected

Hi,

Just got myself an Openscope today and have been playing around with it for a couple of hours now, and in general I'm very satisfied. 

There is however one thing that doesn't work as I expect. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I can't get the triggering to work as I want it to. Basically, the problem seems to be that it sometimes refuses to trigger, even though there is obviously a signal of significant strength present. For example, I hooked osc channel 1 up to one point of a circuit and it showed a nice square wave. Now, I hooked channel 2 to the same circuit, just after a basic inverting amp setup, and as soon as I connect it it stops auto-updating and just says "Armed" under the "Single" and "Run/Stop" buttons. Now if I hit "Force" in the Trigger section both the waveforms are there, both at a voltage above the set trigger Level - when this happens, no matter how low I set the level it won't trigger. This isn't the only circuit this happens with. On a few occasions it sat like this for a couple of minutes, and then randomly decided to start triggering again.

There's either something obvious I'm missing here as I said, or the board or software is defect.

Any help?? Please!

Cheers

Hey BobRob,

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong.

Just to confirm, when you're using only Osc Ch1 it triggers as expected for long periods of time with no problems.

Are you also able to use just Osc Ch2 and have it trigger on as expected for long periods of time?

Can you post a diagram of your circuit and where you are connecting the Osc pins.  One thing to keep in mind is that OpenScope MZ has single ended Osc channels so AI1- and AI2- are both the same ground.  

Thanks!

-Kristoff

Archived