Sign in to follow this  
kypropex

Zybo Linux

Question

Hi,

I'm fairly new to embedded linux and I thought I'd start using my Zybo at it's full potential. So I've been following Kaitlyn Franz's tutorial on instructables and I got stuck at step 36, where you create the uramdisk.image. I can't find the initial ramdisk8M image nowhere. Could you please show me where I could find it?

Edited by Josh
Added Tags

2 answers to this question

make it yourself :

dd if=/dev/zero of=ramdisk.image bs=1024 count=8192mke2fs -F ramdisk.image -L "ramdisk" -b 1024 -m 0tune2fs ramdisk.image -i 0chmod a+rwx ramdisk.image

OR

Try using the one given on ZedBoard product page...i am not sure if it will work...

I hope it helps..

I compiled my own kernel and Uboot and used that ramdisk, now i get the following problem..

[   0.000000] bootconsole [earlycon0] enabled[   0.000000] INITRD: 0x00800000+0x00800000 overlaps in-use memory region - disabling initrd[   0.000000] cma: CMA: reserved 128 MiB at 17800000

[   1.376497] No filesystem could mount root, tried:  ext3 ext2 ext4 vfat msdos[   1.383682] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(1,0)

It worked. Thanks. 

The problem is I was hopping for a ramdisk included somewhere on the site, it would have been easier then searching for it on the ZED page.