Arty Z-20 create_project failing in Vivado 2016.4

jigish

Question

All,

I apologize if this is in the wrong sub-forum. I am trying to build an Arty Z-20 project from the create_project.tcl found in most Digilent Projects /proj folder. I am working with the Arty-Z7-20-linux_bd-master project. I am using Xilinx Vivado 64-bit 2016.4. I see the following:

Starting SDK. This could take few seconds... done
Importing project video_bsp... [DONE]
Importing project video... [DONE]
rlwrap: warning: your $TERM is 'xterm-256color' but rlwrap couldn't find it in the terminfo database. Expect some problems.: Inappropriate ioctl for device
    while executing
"exec xsct -eval "setws -switch ../sdk; importproject ../sdk""
    invoked from within
"if {[llength $sdk_list] != 0} {
    exec xsct -eval "setws -switch ../sdk; importproject ../sdk"
}"
    (file "create_project.tcl" line 152)
make_wrapper -files [get_files /home/jig-1/arty_z20/Arty-Z7-20-linux_bd-master/src/bd/linux_bd/linux_bd.bd] -top
ERROR: [BD 41-1665] Unable to generate top-level wrapper HDL for the BD-design 'linux_bd.bd' is locked. Locked reason(s):
* BD design contains locked IPs. Please run report_ip_status for more details and recommendations on how to fix this issue. 
List of locked IPs: 
linux_bd_axi_dynclk_0_0
linux_bd_rgb2dvi_0_0

ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'make_wrapper' failed due to earlier errors.

-- Can someone please advise. 

5 answers to this question

It looks like you have locked IP. This might be due to the change of Vivado version. You need to go back to hardware design to unlock the IP. Please regenerate your IP to make sure you can create wrapper in hardware design.

Thank you Alex. I believe I am using the same version of Vivado they created the design with. I see Digilent's folder break down and can locate the folder the two locked piece of IP are, but when I do not know how to add those folder correctly to Vivado to have them unlocked. I can not regenerate and create wrapper because these two blocks are locked:

linux_bd_axi_dynclk_0_0
linux_bd_rgb2dvi_0_0

Thans for your reply Alex. In the two IP I am having issues with it reads "IP definition not found" in the IP Status Tab, and "Add IP definition" in the recommendation  tab. I did report_ip_status but I do not know where in the folder structure the report actually prints its txt/log file. 

Screenshot from 2017-08-21 04-34-35.png

You are missing IP definitions because you did not check out sub-modules. When cloning, do it recursively. Or, do a submodule update on an already cloned repo. More info here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3796927/how-to-git-clone-including-submodules

The properly cloned repo should have vivado-library in the repo/ folder.

You are seeing IP revision change for other locked IPs because the project was created in 2016.4. Upgrade is hard and fought with blood. We provide no support for it, outside our regular upgrade cycle. Use 2016.4 and see if you still have issues. If not and the project works, you can embark on a version upgrade, if absolutely needed.

Archived