Waveforms or Waveforms2015?

D@n

Question

I'm confused ... should I be downloading and using waveforms2015 or waveforms?  waveforms2015 seems to be the name of a program that is two years out of date, however @jpeyron just recommended that this is the newest version of the waveforms software.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Dan

4 answers to this question

Hi @D@n,

You are not missing anything. We have not released a WaveForms 2016 or WaveForms 2017 since we have not come out a with major release since WaveForms 2015. WaveForms 2015 is our current software for the Analog Discovery 1 & 2, Electronic Explore board and the Digital Discovery which is here. The last update to WaveForms 2015 was 3.6.8 - August 8th, 2017. Here is a link to the change log for WaveForms 2015. If you were to download WaveForms here it would take you to a page where you can download WaveForms 2 (legacy) which we are not actively updating.

cheers,

Jon

@jpeyron,

Thanks!

I thought I had downloaded waveforms for a moment (not waveforms 2015), and was going to be disappointed ... but I just checked the package I'm running, and I am using waveforms 2015.

May I gently suggest you might wish to rethink your naming convention?  ;)

Dan

The first WF application (v2.x) is based on .Net and supported on Windows. The WF v3.x was entirely rewritten using Qt to be cross platform.
The first release happened to be in 2015 and 2015 was added as a branding for the application name. This, to differentiate it from the earlier WF v2 application.
The name would be still trendy if we have called it WF 2020 :)

Archived