waveforms 2015

scud

Question

hello everyone newbie.

i recently bought a discovery2 usb scope, to record mains power data and then write that data to excel .

i'm stuck with two problems i have and hopefully some with more experience could help .

the first is the logger within the waveforms 2015 program saves files or aquisitions to a maximum of 9999 . and at the rate i'm required to sample means i can only record approx 18 minutes of data , is there a way to lift the number of index files to 20,000 , this is the logger view within the scope window of waveforms 2015  ?

the second problem i have is the the logger does write files to exel, but it logs the time to show year,month,day .then hours minutes, and seconds .(GMT +1 hour).(DAYLIGHT TIME) 

i could really do with the log to read milliseconds as well . is there a way to write the javascript to do this ,, tried for many hours TRIED . FAILED. 

any help with these would be great 

many thanks all 

best setting.png

openoffice spreed.png

4 answers to this question

Hi Attila

Thank you so much for your reply..i will try the JavaScript you suggested I'm sure it will work ..thats great .

The logger you mention in your reply..i did try that one .it was great .however I'm unable to select frequency to at least 3 decimal places... 

That is why I was using the logger in the scope window ..thats perfect but requires more index acquisitions.. 9999 gives me about 18 minutes at 100ms .

20000 would give me more than 30 minutes at 100ms 

Many thanks again

Archived