XADC PS side, zybo zynq

StudentAmsterdam

Question

Dear All,

For the first time im trying to get the XMOD working with the PS side and print the values in a terminal. I tried a bunch of tutorials like the microzed chronicles.. I ended up using the tutorial posted as attachment, as attechments I also included my sourcecode and block design.

I tried debugging by making several prints and I know the code works untll at least the "Test2" printf. During the build, no errors or anything appear. So i'm a bit confused into finding out where it all goed wrong.

xadc.pdf

design_1.pdf

lab3.pdf

8 answers to this question

Hi @StudentAmsterdam,

Here is forum thread that deals directly with getting the Zybo XADC working with the PS with tcl script and sdk code towards the end of the thread.  I used the same LAB 3 to get the XADC working on the PS of the Zedboard here. I compared my zedboard and your sdk with nothing jumping out. I did not follow the block design 100%. I have attached a screen shot of the differences. 

cheers,

Jon

zynq_xadc.jpg

Hi @StudentAmsterdam  and @jpeyron, 

I am also working on a similar problem. I was able to successfully import my hardware and build my code successfully. But while running the code, it stucks at XsysMon_CfgInitialize(). While debugging, I found out that that the data abort interrupt is getting enabled. Did anyone of you faced a similar issue? 

I am attaching my design, address editor tab and code for reference.

Thanks 

Vishav

xadc_code.txt

Address_Editor_xadc.PNG

xadc_design.PNG

Hi @vishav,

I would suggest to use the zybo_xadc_test.c file attached above. It includes "xparameters.h" which defines the XPAR_SYSMON_0_DEVICE_ID. I would suggest to alter the code to match your needs. If you are going to continue with your code I see you define  SYSMON_DEVICE_ID   with  XPAR_SYSMON_0_DEVICE_ID but you did not include the "xparameters.h".

cheers,

Jon

Hi @jpeyron

I tried running zybo_xadc_test.c but again the code stucks at XSysMon_CfgInitialize. It again calls the interrupt DataAbort. Does it work on your board? I am using 2016.4 SDK.

However, I compared the previous code with yours. pxsmoncfg gets the same parameters as previous code. So is it really a problem of parameter initialization?

Thanks

Vishav 

Archived