Audio processing on Zybo with DMA Audio Demo

lucileklang

Question

Hi,

I recently purchased a Zybo board and used the DMA Audio Demo (https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/zybo-dma-audio-demo/start) to acquire audio input and output. The Audio codec records 5 seconds of audio and then passes it to the Zynq PL via I²S protocol, that is it transmits the bit clock BCLK, the word select RECLRC and the data recorded RECDAT. 
My goal is to take this data and apply a filter on it, before the stream is mapped into memory with a DMA and then sent back to the audio codec and played in earphones. But I don't really understand how the data is received by the PL and where to find it (in some buffer I guess) in order to take it, process it, and then put it back in a different buffer where the DMA could access it and do his thing.
Does anyone have experience with this demo that could help me figure this out ?
Thanks,

Lucile

1 answer to this question

HI @lucileklang,

Unfortunately, I have not looked into the specifics of this demo. With that being said here is a forum that deals with this the zybo with the audio and parts of this demo. You might also want to look at the Nexys Video looper demo here with its github as another example of working with an audio codec(different codec). 

Archived