Analog shield dimensions?

fodi

Question

Hello,

I have some questions about the Analog Shield:

- What is the dimension of an analog shield plugged on top of an Arduino Uno? (Total dimension of the assembly, for planning the size of the enclosure)

- What is the pitch of the headers on top of the board, where the AO pins are routed? Is it standard 2.54-mm pitch? Is there a guide somewhere what is the location of these headers for plugging some boards in them? (Like for routing some BNC plugs to the wall of the box)

- A very stupid question in the end: do I need to separately power the Analog shield when coupled with an Uno, or it can get enough supply from the pins of the Arduino?

Thanks

9 answers to this question

Hi @fodi,

The ideal distance between the top of the Analog Shield and the bottom of an Arduino Uno PCB is found in the PDF drawing attached; however, that is the minimum dimension since it is not measured to the bottom of the soldered pins. The soldered pins on the bottom of the boards vary on length depending on the type of header or connector. Be sure to measure your personal boards for the most accurate measurements, including the pins coming out of the bottom of the PCB. In addition, there are dimensions of the headers and their locations in the PDF drawing. All of the Analog Shield headers have a pitch of 2.54mm. 

cheers,

Jon

Analog Shield HDR Locations.pdf

Hi @fodi,

The analog shield can be powered from the arduino board. You do not need to power it separately. We will be able to provide the dimensions of the analog shield connected to an arduino in the next few days. could you clarify what you mean by "Is there a guide somewhere what is the location of these headers for plugging some boards in them? (Like for routing some BNC plugs to the wall of the box)".

thank you,

Jon

9 minutes ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @fodi,

The analog shield can be powered from the arduino board. You do not need to power it separately. We will be able to provide the dimensions of the analog shield connected to an arduino in the next few days. could you clarify what you mean by "Is there a guide somewhere what is the location of these headers for plugging some boards in them? (Like for routing some BNC plugs to the wall of the box)".

thank you,

Jon

Thank you very much in advance.

By that I mean what are the locations of the headers from the edges of the board (indicated by letters A-F on the image attached)? Because I want to add some BNC plugs to a separate PCB (like a "BNC shield" for the Analog Shield connected to AO and AI headers or #1 and #2 on Fig. 2 of the reference manual) and plug the whole board to the header pins. Essentially my objective is to put the whole stuff in a box and have these BNC plugs nicely aligned to the wall of the box.

Untitled.jpg

1 hour ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @fodi,

The ideal distance between the top of the Analog Shield and the bottom of an Arduino Uno PCB is found in the PDF drawing attached; however, that is the minimum dimension since it is not measured to the bottom of the soldered pins. The soldered pins on the bottom of the boards vary on length depending on the type of header or connector. Be sure to measure your personal boards for the most accurate measurements, including the pins coming out of the bottom of the PCB. In addition, there are dimensions of the headers and their locations in the PDF drawing. All of the Analog Shield headers have a pitch of 2.54mm. 

cheers,

Jon

Analog Shield HDR Locations.pdf

Thank you very much @jpeyron for the detailed drawing. One final question: which Arduino pins are used by the shield?

hai

i'm using Analog shield with arduino uno board while compiling one of the example code passthrough demo program in arduino 1.8.3 IDE its compiling and executing perfectly at the same time i complied same coding for intel galileo gen 2 board it shows the following error

Arduino: 1.8.3 (Windows 7), Board: "Intel® Galileo Gen2"

In file included from C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\analogShield-master\examples\passthrough\passthrough.ino:50:0:

C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\analogShield-master/analogShield.h:89:10: error: #error "Incorrect processor type selected"

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Intel® Galileo Gen2.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Plz anyone help me to solve this problem.

Archived