Zoom with cursors

jom

Question

Hello

I'm new with the AD2 and I'm just getting started with the software (Waveforms 2015).  

I've been trying to find a way to measure both X and Y "deltas" using the zoom window.  It is obviously much easier to see where to place the cursors to measure the delta.  For the life of me I can't seem to be able to do it.  I have another dig scope I use that has this type of function so I thought it was rather common.

Thanks for any help you can give.

jom

EDIT to add: I'd also like to zoom vertically as well...is what I guess I'm asking for also.

6 answers to this question

Hi @jom

The Zoom view does not not have cursors.
You could use the Quick measure (double click on plot or select from top-right corner of the plot measure:free/vertical/pulse), you can also use the X or Y cursors in the Scope main time view.

i1.png.179e7a5dab08a4df70e81aebabfd113e.png

i2.png.58e4485ef4d4eaf99a7d243abf5d2146.png

The Zoom view vertical adjustment is available on the left edge (drag with left/right mouse button) or in view options (gear in the top-right corner or context menu of the plot).

i3.png.ad6ea7631113cd738c3d53d1ac202265.png

Thanks

However, to get to smaller levels it is next to impossible to use the cursors without the zoom.  Assuming my picture uploaded: you can see the zoom on the right.  I want to measure the time step (this is a DAC output) and the Q level (vertical step) of this device.  It is difficult if you can't place the cursors with any accuracy.

How can I do this?

Thanks

jom

Untitled-1.JPG

Thanks..this seems to work for me.  Thanks!

If I may ask another question here: what are the number of bits used to digitize the input to the scope?  I've been trying (as mentioned above) to measure a DAC output.  However, if the number of bits of a scope trying to measure is LESS than the actual DAC you won't be measuring the DAC "Q" levels but the scope itself.

Just curious.

Thanks

jom

That's good news!  It means the reading I'm seeing from my DAC is no way related to the scope given the 0.3mV step.  My DAC is showing a much larger step...which is a problem for me but at least it isn't the scope I'm seeing.

Thanks for all of the help Attila.

jom

Archived