Zybo HDMI_IN project in Windows using Vivado 2017.2

MBALI

Question

Hi,

I am new at this area. My current project required to know the use of HDMI and VGA port of Zybo board. As a starting point I got a sample demo project(https://github.com/Digilent/Zybo-hdmi-in) by digilent but that was done in Vivado 2016.4. I am working on Vivado 2017.2 windows PC.

I successfully convert that project in current version and able to generate Bit stream successfully.

The problem is when I lunch SDK, it gives me errors.

Can anyone help me?

Or can anyone gives me some simple project which from where I can get idea about how to use HDMI and VGA port?

Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Hi @MBALI,

The Vivado version unfortunately does make a difference. This project was originally made in an older version and updated to Vivado 2016.4 just recently. I just got this project working in Vivado 2017.2 by first going into the folder and editing the version from 2016.4 to 2017.2 in the hdmi_in_bd.tcl  found here \Zybo-hdmi-in-master\src\bd\hdmi_in\hw_handoff. Do this before loading this project in Vivado 2017.2. Next load the project and upgrade the ip cores by going to tools tools->report->report status and upgrade all ip cores. Next you need to have vivado create a wrapper and then generate a bitstream. In SDK i imported the HDMI_IN and HDMI_IN_bsp. It generated some issues in the sdk log but no error and I was able to run the project. I confirmed it with my monitors.

cheers,

Jon

Thank you @jpeyron for your reply. By the way, Did you use Linux environment or Windows OS? I am using windows OS. I hope it is not a great deal.

It's sound great that it works with a different version. At least I have some hope to run this project as well. As you mentioned, I also imported the HDMI_IN and HDMI_IN_bsp after launching SDK. In the next step (Program FPGA) it shows error messages. 

Hi @MBALI,

I am using windows 7. I have attached a screen shot of my sdk 2017.2 and tera term(nothing connected this time) ,text file of my sdk log and my compressed project in Vivado 2017.2. Another way to resolve this issue is to download Vivado 2016.4 which this project was made in and works without an issue.

cheers,

Jon

Zybo-hdmi-in.zip

Zybo_HDMI_IN_TERA_TERM.jpg

Zybo_HDMI_IN_SDK.jpg

HDMI_IN_SDK_LOG.txt

Archived