FarmerJo

Zybo Echo Server not working

Question

Hi,

In the SDK I have created the lwIP echo server project which builds OK. I have connected the Zybo to my laptop which has an IP address of 192.168.1.1 and subnet 255.255.255.0. Without using telnet or putty initially the terminal output is as follows.

-----lwIP TCP echo server ------
TCP packets sent to port 6001 will be echoed back
Start PHY autonegotiation
Waiting for PHY to complete autonegotiation.
Auto negotiation error
Phy setup error
Assert due to phy setup failure

I have also tried to connect using putty before this timeout occurs but still unable to get echo functionality.

I have checked in my Vivado project and can see that ENET0 is enabled and ENET1 is disabled. Is this correct?

The project README.txt file mentions a couple of assumptions that it makes. That a timer interrupt is connected to the interrupt controller and that all ethernet peripherals accessible from the processor can be used with lwIP.

How do I verify that these two requirements have been met?

Other than that, any ideas why this does not work? (I have an ultrazed-eg board and the echo server works OK for that).

Regards

FarmerJo

6 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Hi @FarmerJo,

I just went through the Getting Started with Zynq Servers tutorial for the Zybo. I added to change the phy_linkspeed parameter to CONFIG_LINKSPEED1000 and how to do this and confirmed the tutorial works in Vivado 2017.2.

thank you,

Jon

Edited by jpeyron

Hi @FarmerJo,

What version of Vivado are you using? Here is a forum thread that discusses changing the phy_link_speed  from CONFIG_LINKSPEED_AUTODETECT  to CONFIG_LINKSPEED1000. Also have you tried our getting started with zynq servers tutorial here

cheers,

Jon

Hi Jon,

I am using version 2017.2 of Vivado which I used to run through the Getting Started with Zynq tutorial (but did not spot the Getting Started with Zynq Servers tutorial) which I will run through shortly. Will also look into link speed suggestion.

Thanks for the quick reply. Will report back soon.

Regards

FarmerJo

Ran through the tutorial but still did not work.

Tried the three XSCT Console commands where the link speed was manually set and it worked as expected.

Thanks and Regards

FarmerJo

Hi Jon,

I will also be running through the "Creating a Custom IP core using the IP Integrator" tutorial using Vivado 2017.2 and will let you know if this works shortly. Have run through most of the other tutorials and no problems so far.

Regards

FarmerJo