LPC-FMC to FMC connection between ADC & ZEDBOARD

JASBIR SINGH SAINI

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi @JASBIR SINGH SAINI,

On the 1st page of the schematic here is the pin out for the FMC on J1A and J1B. Page 9 of the schematic shows which bank and which pins its connected to on the FPGA. The XDC here also shows the pin assignments for the FMC as well. The reference manual here has some good information about FMC usage.

cheers,

Jon

Hi @JASBIR SINGH SAINI,

On the Zedboard it has C1 marked on the bottem left of the FMC connector. I will get you more specific information for the FMC pins tomorrow. I have reached out to our layout engineer to see what information I will be able to provide you for the circuitry present between FPGA and FMC.  The FMC allows for high speed communication between the FPGA board and a mezzanine card. One of the ways that the FMC does this is by allowing you to change the voltage to other voltages besides 3.3V, such as 2.5V for LVDS communication. Here  is a link to Xilinx FMC cards. If you are trying to make your own Mezzanine card here is a forum thread that talks about the process involved.

cheers,

Jon

Hi @JASBIR SINGH SAINI,

I am able to provide trace lengths from the FPGA to FMC and the Zedboard FPGA package to pin FMC pin chart below. On the Zedboard it shows where C1 is. D1 is on the same row on the next column, G1 is on the same row on the next column after D1 and H1 is on the same row on the last column of the FMC connector.

cheers,

Jon

Zed_FMC_TraceLength.txt

Zedboard FPGA package pin to FMC pin chart.xlsx

7 hours ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @JASBIR SINGH SAINI,

I am able to provide trace lengths from the FPGA to FMC and the Zedboard FPGA package to pin FMC pin chart below. On the Zedboard it shows where C1 is. D1 is on the same row on the next column, G1 is on the same row on the next column after D1 and H1 is on the same row on the last column of the FMC connector.

cheers,

Jon

Zed_FMC_TraceLength.txt

Zedboard FPGA package pin to FMC pin chart.xlsx

Hi @jpeyron

The information that you have provided, helped me a lot. I really appreciate your efforts.

Thanks a lot sir :)

Archived